Tuesday 19 September 2017

Spelt salad with orange, olives and goat milk ricotta cheese

10 minutes to prepare  • Serves 4

 


10 MINUTES

 


So the idea of attending two weddings in a weekend was super overwhelming at first.
I had to seek a few pep talks from my mom because I was afraid the whole experience would be too stressful for Nina, who is now 10 months old.

It resulted in perfect first double wedding experience because Friday the party lasted until late night, while on Sunday the ceremony was scheduled in the morning. Not only were both weddings great, but I have also managed to do my run training and relax at thermal baths for few hours!
That is HUGE. I’m so proud of myself for managing my time, planning out the week, and busting my bum. This means I can do (almost) everything, and bring my A-game!!

So if you have been hesitant on taking on a busy weekend this is my encouragement that you can totally do it!
A few tips that helped me survive:
  1. Get all your gear ready early. Use LISTS to make sure it is all packed and ready to go
  2. Plan everything on the extra-wedding side of things. I mapped out my weekend: when I would do the laundry, iron clothes, and do grocery shopping for the following days. Make it a priority to stick to this...because, hey, you are going to work on Monday 
  3. Get proper rest and nutrition. Sounds crazy, but this is big. Saturday I went to bed at 9 pm, and didn’t do any work in the evening. On Sunday evening I alleviated my stress...by going to run at 8 pm in the rain, ha-ha! Moreover, at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning, I prepared the amazing recipe in the following, so that we could have something light and healthy for dinner.
I’m not perfect by any means, but I am giving myself a little pat on the back (more like a high five and ninja kick) for surviving my first double-wedding weekend.


Here are ingredients for the 4-serving recipe:


280 g spelt 

1 orange 

1 sprig dill 

100 g goat milk ricotta cheese 

20 pitted green olives 

EVO oil 

salt


  1. Start by cooking the spelt: add the grains to the pressure cooker, along with 1 liter of water and close the lid securely. Bring the cooker to high pressure, and begin timing. The spelt will need 15 minutes since now to be ready
  2. Meanwhile, wash dill under running water. Chop it and keep it aside
  3. Peal the orange, being careful to remove all the white peel, and cut it into pieces. Place them to drain in a colander
  4. Chop olives and keep them aside
  5. After the 15-minutes cooking time of spelt grains has passed, let the pressure come down naturally. Once the pressure has dropped, open the lid and check if it is done. If it is, drain the spelt and drop cold water on it. Then, collect it up in a salad bowl
  6. In a small bowl pour 2 tablespoons of EVO oil, add the chopped dill, a pinch of salt and stir to mix
  7. Add olives, orange and the dill juice to the boiled spelt. Mix well
  8. Before serving, top with goat ricotta cheese using a spoon...enjoy!

In the table below Nutrition Facts are detailed for this appetizer. Data is provided per serving.

Auguri agli sposi!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment