Tuesday 17 September 2019

Basil-flavored tuna fish tartare with buffalo mozzarella cheese

10 minutes to prepare Serves 4

 

 

10 MINUTES 



Few days ago, it was my birthday and I celebrated it with a Gourmet tuna-fish tartare that is going to knock your socks off!
I know, those are bold words, but this recipe can back it up: fresh herbs, and some excellence ingredients set this tartare apart from the rest.

You may have noticed that I have a slight addiction to cheese, so I needed something cheesy and delicious.
Buffalo mozzarella has always been a favorite of mine, and I am always playing around with the ingredients of my heart to make a dish extra special.

This time I added fresh basil to my standard EVO oil seasoning, and I sandwiched the fresh tuna fish between two thick slices of mozzarella. Perfection!!
I love this second course so much, that I can just about guarantee that it will make it’s way into next week’s menu as well.

I hope you like this tuna tartare as much as I did. Enjoy!


Here's what you will need for the 4-serving recipe:
 

800 g  fresh tuna fish cut into 4 thick slices
20 basil leaves
500 g fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
EVO oil
salt and pepper

 

  1. Rinse basil leaves under cold water and finely chop it
  2. Chop the slices of tuna fish into in cubes of about half centimeter per side
  3. Prepare the tuna fishtartare: place the fish in a large bowl, then add the basil, 4 tablespoons of EVO oil, salt and pepper. Stir gently to mix
  4. Drain buffalo mozzarella from its milk and slice it
  5. Finally, arrange the tartare: place a slice of mozzarella on the bottom of each plate. Top it with one spoon of tuna fish tartare and pat it down gently with the bottom of a spoon to create a flat surface. Repeat twice

    In the following, Nutrition Facts of this dish are indicated. Data is provided per serving.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment