Tuesday 29 September 2015

Pasta Sciué Sciué with buffalo mozzarella, anchovies, and lemon zest

• 5 minutes to prepare • 10 minutes to cook • Serves 4



10 MINUTES 


Lately I found out an interesting phenomenon concerning my food cravings: the more I cook sweet stuff, the more my desire for very salty, umami-tasting flavors increases.
I had my birthday, recently. So, between batches of cookies and soft cakes, between vanilla creams and sparkling icings (...oops!), one of my latest quick lunches was born - as often - fortuitously at the market. 

Basically my eye fell on a soft, creamy, fresh buffalo mozzarella. I needed an excuse ready to justify the purchase, and I suddenly remembered that I had a jar of anchovy fillets preserved in oil, already open in the fridge since I prepared orecchiette with rapini.
"I have to empty it; I absolutely could not stand any longer its sight, continuously pleading me from the shelf!"

The inner fight ended with my capitulation, as a recipe which is something in between this and that, something accidental and sciué sciué. Nevertheless, one of my favorites among fast recipes.



Here's what you will need for the 4-serving recipe:



400 g Rigatoni pasta
250 g fresh buffalo-milk mozzarella cheese
8 anchovy fillets in oil
1 lemon
EVO oil
salt and pepper

  1. Pour 1 tablespoon EVO oil in a pan and melt-fry anchovy fillets over low heat
  2. Boil water in a pot, add salt and, once started to bubble, pour the pasta. Follow the time instructions reported on the package, so that you drain pasta when it is al dente
  3. Meanwhile, grate the lemon zest and dice the Buffalo mozzarella. Place everything in a large bowl
  4. Pour drained pasta in the bowl, too, and stir well. Add some freshly ground pepper on top and serve piping hot!

Nutrition Facts are listed for this recipe in the table below. Data is provided per serving.


 Sciué Sciué - Neapolitan term for something uncomplicated, easy and also good

No comments:

Post a Comment