Tuesday 2 August 2016

Pasta with ricotta cheese, almonds and zucchini flowers pesto

10 minutes to prepare Serves 4

 

 

10 MINUTES 



Hello, gluttonous people!
I know, I know…It’s been almost two weeks since the last post…I’m sorry I didn’t write to explain to you why I had to stay away from my blog, but I think you probably guess…

I was on vacation in Sardinia...white sand, crystal clear water, ice creams, amazing fresh fish...enough to be keep me busy, but I am alright now, back to the hot summer of Milan! (Ha-ha)
My summer vacations will go on in a couple of weeks, which means I need to stay strong just a little longer, then I can go back to my beach chair!

Today, just to refresh our cooking skills after such a short pause, we will start with something easy and fast.
Pasta with ricotta cheese, toasted almonds and zucchini flowers pesto.
The less we keep the stove on, the less we sweat, right?


Here's what you will need for the 4-serving recipe:
 


320 g Calamarata pasta
20 zucchini flowers
1 shallot
80 g almonds
200 g ricotta cheese
EVO oil
salt and pepper

 

  1. Toast almonds in a hot pan. Place 3/4 of them in a blender, slice the remaining ones and keep them aside
  2. Braise chopped shallot with 1 tablespoon of EVO oil and salt; wash, clean, chop zucchini flowers and add them, too
  3. Cook gently perfuming with a pinch of pepper for 5 minutes
  4. Blend the mixture of zucchini flowers with the almonds, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, ricotta cheese and a few grains of salt to get a pesto
  5. Boil pasta in salted water and drain al dente
  6. Pan-fry for a few moments the pasta with the pesto
  7. Serve hot with few slices of roasted almonds on top and freshly ground pepper

Finally, you find below Nutrition Facts of this dish. Data is provided per serving.

THE FIVE STAGES OF VACATION GRIEF

Denial - Back at the office, still feeling the glow of sleeping late and forgetting this place actually existed.
Made some coffee, thinking I actually have a job, it is fresh in the office, opposed to the weather outside.

Anger – What the hell is all this mail?? Why the 180’s on stuff agreed prior to my leave? Why is a project timetable changed with deliverables due in 2 workdays?
Why does this place want my soul? Think happy thoughts. Vacation..

Bargaining – Well, I guess life is what you make it. If I can stay on top of the deadlines and this time NOT skip lunch as before the vacation, I’m going to be alright.
Maybe a podcast on time management when I get home?

Depression – Damn, woke up too late. Means getting the subway untolerably crowded. 
Oh hello desk, again. Was this place always so dim? And why is everyday becoming a repetition of the previous one?
Suddenly, it feels like I need a vacation but we only returned few days ago. Oh well..

Acceptance - Let’s mark some dates for the next vacation, preferably soon and with a lot of sun and fun. Rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment