Tuesday 2 July 2019

Pizza with sauteed spinach and ricotta cheese

15 minutes to prepare  Serves 4



Spinach and ricotta.
Classic.



I do not know how to fully express to you my love for pizza, but it's real.
Some days I think that I should just quit my day job and start a food truck...and just serve PIZZA! Maybe not the best idea I have ever had, but hey, a girl can dream right?

Although I am a huge fan of tomato sauce, recently I have been preferring a good white pizza. Like those pizzas with a crazy amount of cheese, and lots of other delicious things piled on top.
I have started eating white pizza later in my adult life. So, I guess I am still experimenting with it!

Here is one of my favorite version of a white pizza, with a creamy mixture of ricotta cheese and sauteed spinach, plus stringy mozzarella cheese on top.
Healthy and absolutely delicious!


Here are ingredients for a 4-serving recipe (4 pizzas):



1 kg pizza dough divided into 4 balls (you may find here my pizza dough recipe and here my recipe for sourdough pizza)
400 g ricotta cheese
500 g fresh spinach
30 g butter
200 g mozzarella cheese
EVO oil
salt and pepper


  1. When you are ready to bake the pizzas, take the dough out of the fridge, leaving at least 1 hour and half for it to warm up and get pliable
  2. Meanwhile, wash and clean spinach
  3. Drain ricotta cheese in a colander. Cut mozzarella cheese into small pieces and drain it as well
  4. Melt butter in a pan and add spinach leaves. Braise them for 15 minutes, until soft. Add a pinch of salt
  5. Place sauteed spinach in a bowl together with the ricotta cheese, add a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and mix well with a fork
  6. Preheat oven to 270°C (or, better, as far as oven temperatures go)
  7. Generously dust the counter with semolina flour. Make the pizzas one at a time. Dip your hands in flour and lift a ball of dough. Very gently lay the dough across your fists and carefully stretch it by bouncing the dough in a circular motion on your hands, carefully giving it a little stretch with each bounce. Once the dough has expanded outward, move to a full toss. When the dough is stretched out to your satisfaction (about 25 cm in diameter), lay it on the baking tray covered by baking paper
  8. Spread some spinach and ricotta cheese mixture over each pizza and pour some EVO oil, too
  9. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes. If the top gets done before the bottom, you will need to move the baking tray to a lower self before the next round
  10. When the crust of the pizza is golden - it means that the pizza is almost ready -, add the pieces of mozzarella on top. Let mozzarella to melt for a couple of minutes
  11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer it to a wooden cutting board. Serve and enjoy!


Nutrition Facts are detailed in the table below. Data is provided per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment