Friday 2 September 2016

Chicken bites with milk and stringy scamorza cheese

5 minutes to prepare • 15 minutes to cook  • Serves 4






Picky eaters and never enough time?

Dinnertime can be especially challenging if you have fussy eaters at home. Personally, I haven't had too much experience of it (yet) but I trust my friends when they tell me so, and I am willing to help, when they ask me to publish some kids-friendly recipes.
There we go, then; let's inaugurate today this new recipe tag...you will tell me whether you fancy it or not!

Getting kids to eat better doesn’t have to be a struggle — sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration.
(There is not so much difference, after all, between kids and a picky husband who does not eat vegetables if not obliged to...)
We’re here to help with fun, colorful and creative recipes for every meal. Luckily, there are plenty of simple, delicious dishes that will satisfy every member of your family in less than 20 minutes.

When it comes to kid-friendly dinners, chicken is a staple ingredient. Whether it's chicken nuggets or buffalo chicken pizza, children love a good poultry dish!
Today we will start with a tasty second course dish: chicken bites, braised and cooked with milk, accompanied by super ssstringy scamorza cheese.
Ready to try?



Here's what you will need for the 4-serving recipe:



700 g chicken breast
100 ml cow milk
100 g flour 00
100 g scamorza cheese
50 g butter
salt

  1. Cut the chicken breast into cubes - not too small - 
  2. In a bowl, mix flour 00 with 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well with a fork. Put the chicken pieces inside the bowl and stir to cover them with the flour
  3. In a large pan place the butter. When it is melted, braise the chicken, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Then, pour the milk and go on with the cooking until the milk evaporates 
  4. Chop scamorza cheese into small pieces
  5. Add scamorza to the pan and turn off the heat. Stir to mix until the scamorza cheese melts and becomes stringy. Serve immediately!


Nutrition Facts are listed for this recipe in the table below. Data is provided per serving.

Beast: I thought I told you to come down to dinner!
Belle: I'm not hungry!
Beast: You'll come out, or I'll-I'll-I'll break down the door!
Lumiere: Master, I could be wrong, but that might not be the best way to win the girl's affections.
Cogsworth: Please. Attempt to be a gentlemen.
Beast: But, she's being so difficult!
Mrs. Potts: Gently... gently...
Beast: It would give me great pleasure...if you would join me for dinner.
Cogsworth: We say please.
Beast: Please?
Belle: No, thank you!
Beast: You can't stay in there forever!
Belle: Yes, I can!
Beast: Fine! Then go ahead and staaarve!
(Beauty and the Beast, Disney movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment