Tuesday 8 November 2016

Bulgur salad with swordfish, caramelized tomatoes and basil

10 minutes to prepare Serves 4

 

 

10 MINUTES 



I am deeply sorry for abandoning you.
You may have noticed I missed my recipe posts during the last 2 weeks.

The reason is that I have a new boss, and she is overly demanding.
She obliges me to sleep few hours a day, I have to prepare her food every 3 hours and she indulges in aggressive behaviours, such as shouting at me and unfairly criticizing my work. In addition, she has started to control my family interactions in such a way that I am not even allowed to have dinner with my husband: somebody has to cradle her in the evening, because she gets too nervous and won't stay alone. You may easily guess that I have less time for cooking...

Ha-ha-ha-ha.
In case you have not figured it out, I recently gave birth to my first baby, her name is Nina!!!
I hope things will soon become smoother, for the time being I will try to stick to one post a week.

So, here we are presenting you a brand new recipe based on Bulgur.
Usually, the seasoning of Bulgur salads is veggie. However, today we decided to vary from tradition, by preparing Bulgur with caramelized tomatoes, fresh basil and swordfish.
It is an appetizer which perfectly fits the hot summer season, but it is great also in winter. Moreover, you may prepare it in advance and wait for Nina to fall asleep before eating it...what would you want more?


Here's what you will need for the 4-serving recipe:
 

200 g bulgur
200 g cherry tomatoes
200 g  fresh swordfish cut into 2 thick slices
10 basil leaves
200 ml fish broth
EVO oil
sugar
salt and pepper

 

  1. Place the fish broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil
  2. Put the Bulgur and let it cook for 10 minutes. Then, drain it and let it cool down
  3. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat for a few minutes
  4. Cut tomatoes by half and distribute them - with the cut side down - over the pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoons of EVO oil, add a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to caramelize. Press the tomatoes with the back of a spoon and cook until the juice released by tomatoes evaporates
  5. Prepare the swordfish: cut it in cubes of about 3 cm per side. Heat 1 tablespoon of EVO oil over high heat for a few minutes and braise the swordfish in it, stirring gently from time to time
  6. Prepare the salad: wash basil leaves and chop them. Place the Bulgur in a large bowl, then add the caramelised tomatoes and the swordfish
  7. Meanwhile, prepare the seasoning: in a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of EVO oil, the chopped basil, salt and pepper. Stir gently
  8. Season the salad with the seasoning and stir to mix. Bring to the table and enjoy!

    In the following, Nutrition Facts of this dish are indicated. Data is provided per serving.

    Verrà la vita ed avrà i tuoi occhi

    No comments:

    Post a Comment